Monday, August 15, 2016

My First Big Knitted Project

I've been knitting for several years now, but I've never attempted a project bigger than a scarf or a toy. However, when one of my friends got married last year and announced that she was pregnant not long after, I was so excited that I determined to knit a blanket. Though I pinned several patterns on my knitting board, I decided on a simpler pattern because I didn't want to get into deeper water than I could handle. I bought three skeins of Hobby Lobby's own brand of yarn in a sunny yellow (which is aptly named "I Love This Yarn" because seriously, I do). I only needed two skeins, however. 


After several months of clacking my needles together during car trips and Saturday night movies, I finally got it done! 


It's definitely not perfect, but it's a start. It's also super soft, and it has a nice texture that will delight both baby and mommy. 


This whetted my taste to do more, though. I think I'll need to pick up more yarn and print out a different pattern to keep my itching hands busy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment