Thursday, August 20, 2015

Italian Finds: Plaid Tirolese Dirndl

   The last of my Tirolese Italian finds is this lovely plaid dirndl. It's quite lovely, though for the sake of Oktoberfest, I'll be adding an apron to jazz things up a bit.



I really like the look and fit. It's very well suited to my figure; thus, I am happy. 


I love how the skirt is flowy and pleated without being frumpy. --cue touristy voice-- "Oh, I can just imagine Heidi running around in this dress..." 

--cue Austrians who make a racket off the tourist dirndl business-- 

"JA THAT'S JUST WHAT WE WANTED YOU TO SAY JA." 




Nota bene: The buttons seem to be an after-market thing. Like, somebody got it, didn't like the fact that the front only closed with snaps, and put in their own buttons/button holes. The fact that the button thread colors aren't consistent and there are unusable snaps on the inside of the dress opening kinda betrays this. 

You cheap Austrian dirndl manufacturers. You should have put the buttons in yourself. 

"NO BUT WE HAVE LITTLE OLD AUSTRIAN WOMEN IN THE TYROL MOUNTAINS MAKING THESE JA?" 

no. just. no. 


The back is really cool, too-- the bodice has the plaid matched and cut on the bias. REALLY cool. 


Plus, velvet ribbon. Tourists dig velvet ribbons down the backs of their dirndls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment