Monday, June 8, 2015

"Tea and Shoot" Dress Diary, Two

Girls are so fickle. I changed the pattern for my tea dress to this one, because, well, I'm fickle. It's a really lovely pattern with so many beautiful lines, and I loved it the first time I made it. This time around, I'm so glad I pulled it out again. Absolutely lovely.


I centered some lovely lace on the bodice inset and used a ROTARY CUTTER to cut it perfectly. Wow. I'm old-fashioned, and I've never done that on one of my own projects before... 


Here's the assembled bodice... I just love, love the lines of this dress. 


...the skirt fabrics waiting for assembly... 


...and the attached bodice and skirt, waiting for needed handsewing. 


And you, dear hat? How shall I finish you off? I was thinking cream lace for the crown, finished off with baby's breath and yellow/pink roses from Hobby Lobby. What think you? 

Unfortunately, you all won't see the finished dress until the actual Tea and Shoot, which is in late September. I will post pictures as soon as I am able. 

No comments:

Post a Comment