Saturday, April 6, 2013

Diary of a Dress: Civil War Ball Gown! {two}

   Did I mention that the dance is next Saturday? The fact that I'm working part time AND have limited free time makes that fact even more... uh, exciting. Stopping sewing for a little bit to give you some progress pics; the first two are from Thursday's session, the last is a detail shot I snapped just now to give you a better idea of how pretty the flowers and ribbons look on the skirt.

  Yes, I am stinkin' proud of this thing, even though it's hardly finished. Admittedly, I'm further along than is shown in the pictures... but that's another post.


 Skirt is ALMOST ENTIRELY done. Need to put a placket on there. 
 

There's the bodice... not done, of course. The oddly pinned flower is to give you a vague impression that it will someday be nicely sewn on. However! For now, you get to enjoy its over all wonkiness. 
 

That's the backmost skirt festoon. 

I luvs it.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, the beautiful swooping drapy-ness! !!

    ReplyDelete