Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Diary of a Dress: Civil War Ball Gown! {three}

   Saturday's sewing session went really well. In fact, I'm nearing the 90% mark. That's a bit of a relief. Here are the progress pictures I took while working three days ago, just to give you a sneak peek and an idea of what it's shaping up to look like!


 Here's a finished sleeve, some piping, and the bodice ready to be completed.


 On the left is the second sleeve all pinned up and ready to be sewn.


Just a tad bit of advice: NEVER make ribbon bows without first gluing the edges with something like Fray Check. That is, if you want to retain your sanity. The picture above is just to show how I apply the glue.

(Yes, I'm working over my copy of D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Myths. Pardon me, my literary geek is showing.)


And there's the bows all tied and ready to be handsewn on! 

Next post is likely going to be pictures of the garment on my dress form. Don't worry... I will share pictures of me in the dress, but you're going to have to wait until next week for that.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love the FSSP stationary!
    And the dress looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA. I neither noticed nor thought anyone would notice. The secret is out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a wonderful dress! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete