Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Custom Order: 1780's Prom Dress!

  When my lovely friend Monica asked me to do her prom dress for her, I flipped. In case you haven't noticed, I love doing custom orders- and I like sewing for friends even more. It's a win/win. She wanted a gown similar to the ones worn in the 2007 version of Mansfield Park. We pinned to this board to gather ideas and to flesh out a design... this is one of the initial pictures to give you an idea of what sparked us:


(Yes, it has Billie Piper in it. Yes, the dresses are gorgeous. Yes, a lot of people didn't like it but... hey, get over it.)

  We ended up going with a powder blue chiffon (it was WENDY BLUE, really, it was) and using Mrs. Chancey's beautiful Georgian pattern... and here's what the result was!




  Pictures of the lovely lady IN her dress are forthcoming... I'm really looking forward to seeing her in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment