Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Diary of a Dress: Civil War Ball Gown! {one}

   I'm going to a Civil War ball... my first historical one, in fact! I'm really really REALLY really really excited about it. Like, jumping around and stuff and feeling butterflies in my stomach when I think about it. 

  OF COURSE I'm making a dress. I'd be either sick or dead if I wasn't able to or didn't want to! I got the skirt pretty much all done last weekend. Here's some shots on my dress form!


Double layered skirt! I draped the whole thing on my dressform; the only thing that's from a pattern is the waist band. I'll be decorating with ribbons and flowers!

 (I'll let you in on a little secret: the cream skirt is from a wedding dress that we tore apart months ago!) 



Here are the pleats in the back... sigh. I love those pleats. They make me something proud.


And here's the mock up of the bodice, which fits like a DREAM. Sigh. I can't wait for all this to come together in the final product!

2 comments:

  1. This is random, I know, but I really like your blog theme/design! Beautiful!

    -Leah Kathryn
    apassionatafortheking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have just nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award which I received from American Duchess, and I thought you'd like to read about the award here: http://www.edelweisspatterns.com/blog/?p=3687

    Happy sewing!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete