Friday, July 20, 2012

Susan's Coronation Dress Diary, {2}

  More progress on my version of Susan's Coronation Dress from Prince Caspian! A few nights ago, I slashed the bodice and I've been working on that since. However, I did photograph the whole thing, so expect a full tutorial on slashing soon!

  Here's what the bodice looks like right now.


 I know. Isn't it de-lovely? But actually, pretty much all the work on this part is done. 


 However, I did want to point out one thing. See the gold stitching around the slashes and the neck?


It's on the original dress, too. I didn't make it up. 

*smirk* 

  I did start on the sleeves, and while they are pretty much done, I have to tweak them. A lot. So, tune in next time to see how the sleeves went, and to see them on the bodice!

2 comments:

  1. oooohhh!! Marlene it's beautiful!
    I can't wait to see the finished dress(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is looking lovely! I can't wait to see the finished dress:-)

    ReplyDelete