Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What Have I Been Doing...?

  You might think that I have been wallowing in anguish that my 'big dance' is over. Okay, maybe I am, but I have been busily wallowing in anguish. So I've been sewing and crafting in despair.

  Just kidding.

  But I have been sewing/crafting, and I took some cursory photos to prove it. First off, I've been sewing a dress for my friend's wedding, at which I'm going to be a part-time photographer. Giggle. I'm really excited.

  Here's what it's supposed to look like:


  Here's what it looks like right now:


Don't panic, people. The wedding is the second week in June. 

*smirk*


I love love love the sleeves. The bodice has shirring on the shoulder so that it looks like one lovely... agggh. Just pretty, okay? 


^See that green dress up there? I made it. It's a perfect dance dress, and is rather reminiscent of a '40's dress. (Don't worry, this is relevant to this post, continue reading.)


^See that pattern and delicious yellow shantung silk up there? I'm making the same dress as the one above with that. Except with short sleeves, because it's for a June Big Band Formal. 

*squeak* 

Some of the guys had BETTER show up wearing WWII uniforms. Giggle.

Oh, and here's all the other stuff I want to do: 


Yup. That really is a bunch of patterns and fabric in a JoAnn's bag. 

Oh, I love it. *smirk*

1 comment:

  1. WWII uniforms? *dies a little inside* Pretty shade of pink. You're going to look ravishing!!!

    ReplyDelete