Thursday, May 3, 2012

Smaug T-Shirt

 I have decided NOT to post any pictures of my completed dress (and me in it) until early next week, after the dance is over. That way, no one will be able to say, 'Oh, I already saw it' at the dance.

  Muhahahaha.

  In any case, today I have a little treat- a Smaug T-Shirt, made in honor of The Hobbit! 


A simple Smaug design is stitched onto a cream LL Bean shirt.


 Since the shirt didn't fit as well as it could have, I took in the sides as well.


 Here's the map I based it off of. It's the one on the opening pages of The Hobbit book, drawn by J.R.R. himself.


If you want to copy the design, here's the crude drawing I made of it. I did the design using two strands of floss in split-stitch. 




 Oh, just so you know, that's not the only T-Shirt I did this year.



Because I could. 



*smirk* 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Embroidering on tees is one of my favorites - it's so customizeable and professional looking:)

    Hey, I wanted to thank you ever so much for posting about the book retreat giveaway I did on my blog awhile back - I was out of town at the time, so I couldn't comment then... it was a noble thing to do;D I'm sorry you didn't win, but maybe next time!

    I simply cannot wait to see the final photos of your Narnian formal... it's going to be spectacular.

    --Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There! I love your cute blog! I just added myself to your followers for support and wanted to invite you to come stop by and enter a fabulous MODCLOTH giveaway I'm having right now!

    Hope to see you there, THanks so much!!

    xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-time-again.html

    ReplyDelete