Saturday, April 21, 2012

Narnia Formal: Day Four

   A sneak peek of me in the dress:



Room's a mess, but you're not supposed to see that. 'k? 

It may not look like I did much since day one, but I have. 
 

For one thing, the trim is 75% sewn on, instead of being pinned in place.


The lining is completely together, with waist stay, boning, and garment loops in place. 
 

...and the hem is sewn, complete with the cool webbing that bridal studios use to hem their dresses. 

  This is probably the biggest project (construction-wise) that I've ever undertaken. I mean, I've never worked with any of the couture techniques I'm utilizing! This is something new and fun for me, and I'm really enjoying it.

I love how my new dress is coming along. Now, onto the sleeves! Hopefully by Thursday you'll be seeing an update. Mum and I can't work on it until mid-next week. 




And don't worry, you are definitely going to see pictures of me in the dress at the dance. 

That's going to be May 5th. 

I'm so excited.

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, I can hardly stand it. PLUS I can't go to the social AND I just started Downtown Abbey and want all the costumes.
    I need a dress this wonderful.
    *pouts*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to use that snazzy web stuff for hems! I have a dance to go to (on May 5th too!) and I had hoped to make my own dress, but my sewing machine got very sick :( Your dress is so lovely though!

    ReplyDelete