Saturday, March 3, 2012

Exciting News!

  Okay, a lot has happened in my little sewing world! First of all, the grand news:


  My mother and I have an OFFICIAL new sewing room! Isn't that grand? It's filled with light, happy, and oh-so-professional... down to newly-purchased official organizers. Today is the inaugural sewing day! 

  Now... for some really lovely news! My mother just surprised me with this: 


 ...lightweight ivory striped fabric...


 ...all thirty-three yards of it...


 ...not to mention a roll of soft white cotton. 
 
 
*SQUEAK* 
 
 
Pinch me someone, I'm in costuming heaven! And the best part? She got them both for less than ten dollars.  


I immediately rummaged through my patterns, and these are my plans for the twin rolls of happiness! 


..sigh.. 


  Anyway, all that aside, I did do some crafts before I was bombarded with the fabric:


 A nautical little checkbook cover... 


And a sunglasses case!  (Do the colors remind you of pink lemonade?) 
...actually, though, I have to get sunglasses to put in the sunglasses case...


*smirk* 

Well, I just had to share such lovely news with everyone. Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have a dream for a sewing room of my own. {Sighs} Someday I will have one. There are plans to clean up a room in our basement so I can have one.

    Your room looks awesome and great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not not not fair! =D
    Congratulations, Marlene - I know you deserve it. Can't wait to see the results of your twin rolls of happiness! ;)

    Hope you find the perfect pair of sunglasses.
    --Kellie

    ReplyDelete