Monday, March 19, 2012

Elven Nightfall Cloak

  You know that great feeling when something just works out? Like picking up a piece of blue knit fabric and saying, "You know, this would make a great cloak!"

...and sewing it within an hour? 

No pattern, no nothing. I just did it. 






Needless to say, that's the only time something has worked out like this for me. 

*smirk* 

By the by, Simplicity released some lovely new patterns! Have a look see. The new Civil War Pattern looks lovely, but I'm not sure I like the looks of the new Steampunk pattern. It's a little burlesque, but the skirt is REALLY lovely. I might get it just for that. 

The cloak has already been sold on Etsy, but if you'd like one, please contact me and we'll talk fabrics!

 

1 comment:

  1. Great job! It's beautiful! :)
    I just saw some of the new Simplicity patterns today! I think this one's cute: http://www.simplicity.com/p-7500-misses-dresses-cynthia-rowley-collection.aspx I'd make some changes (like the neckline) but all-in-all it's a cute dress. :)

    ReplyDelete