Friday, March 30, 2012

Edwaridan Afternoon Dress


  Need I say that I love the Edwardian era? I've said this before in previous posts, but it really is true. (For picky people, I'll say pre-to-post Edwardian Era so I don't get any blast comments.)

*smirk* 

  Here is yet another post-Edwardian dress I've made...


The overskirt is pretty, isn't it? It's actually a vintage dress I chopped up. Don't be alarmed, my gentle readers... it was very small and was rather falling apart. It begged me to be refashioned. 

Really. 


You can see the skirt layers in this image, as well as the bodice inset and lace details. 


Oscar Wilde, anyone? 


Come now, there had to be some dramatic posing. Otherwise, the photoshoot wouldn't have been fun! 


Unfortunately, this dress has already sold on my Etsy shop. However, if you're interested in your own dress, contact me and we'll discuss size and fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment