Monday, March 26, 2012

Downton Abbey Dress!

  A customer contacted me several weeks ago about making her a Downton Abbey dress! While I didn't really care for the series, I loved the costumes, so I readily agreed to it! We agreed that we didn't have to have it totally, 100% accurate, so I started on my 'inspired by' dress. Here's what I came up with!


I love all the colors together.


...I love 'em so much, that I might make one for myself... 


 The lace I used was SO pretty!


I like how the belt contrasts with the rest of the dress. 



Like this dress, but want it in your size? Want it more screen-accurate? Contact me and we'll talk about it!

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised to hear you didn't like it. But anyway, the dress you made is nice. I love the lace accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I did enjoy it IMMENSELY, it's just that the mature themes and the general soap-opera-ish-ness really got to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it turned out beautifully! I confess I don't really like Downton Abbey...(I feel like the only person on the planet) but I haven't made it any further than episode 3. I don't know why I just can't get into it, and yes the mature themes bug me. But I do ADORE the costumes from it. I keep wanting to like it so much....:P

    ReplyDelete