Thursday, February 9, 2012

Refashioning Fun!

  After finishing two simultaneous custom orders last week, I needed a little break from heavy sewing. So, I rummaged through my spring wardrobe for things to refashion! Here's what I came up with...


 I got the applique from a bridal gown (*shocked murmur amongst followers*) and decided to pop it on this tee.


I stitched some tiny pearls and rosettes to 'jazz' it up. 


This one was a simple rose... 


Not sure what I'm going to wear it with, but it was fun to make! 


This one was, by far, the most fun to make. I resized it by cinching in the side seams, and I stitched two rows of lace down the front. I then put a pearl trim over that to hide the seam join. 


Yes... very girly!


This is what used to be a frumpy black turtleneck. I chopped the offending neck off, then split the shirt down the middle. A little hemming and stitching later, and voila! A new spring cardigan!


Like the lace? I do. 

Have some refashioning fun to share with everyone, ladies? Or just want to share your favorite tutorials? Comment below!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love refashioning things in my wardrobe. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh! I love the cardigan! What a splendid idea!
    I also love the items in your shop! Beautiful costumes! I am inspired!
    Marguerite

    ReplyDelete