Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pearl and Lace Earrings: A Tutorial

 Yesterday, I darkly hinted at my very first tutorial, and so here it is! I proudly present my 'Pearl and Lace Earring' tutorial!

*cue applause* 


  Thank you, thank you! You can stop clapping now. Alright-o, let's begin! 

WHAT YOU WILL REQUIRE TO MAKE THESE GORGEOUS EARRINGS:


 ~A piece of embroidered lace (a thicker lace) 
~Plastic pearls
~Jump rings, small and large size
~Ear wires
~Needle and thread 
~Pliers
~Fray Check


YON INSTRUCTIONS: 



1. Cut out desired lace shape from your panel and trim off access fabric



 2. Fray Check (BAZINGA!) the edges of the lace pieces to prevent fraying on the fabric! Or, if you don't have the aforementioned bottle of awesomeness, just use ordinary fabric glue. It doesn't dry clear, but it will do the trick!


 3. Attach earring findings with a pair of pliers: I used a large and a small jump ring so that the earring wouldn't hang funny.

 

4. (Optional) Stitch pearls on applicable portion of lace... I put mine on the edge for a glamorous look. 

And voila! Enjoy your stylish new earrings! 



(P.S. What does everyone think of my little tutorial?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment