Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Indispensable Underdress

  There are TONS of costumes that need an extra layer to make it 'just right', like The Lord of the Rings costumes, some Narnia costumes, and plenty of other medieval and fantasy ensembles.
  Really, the underdress is indispensable, and there are many different variations this simple garment. Here is the one that I did:


It's full-length and has no closures! 


 The elastic neckline makes it a pull-on cinch, and makes for a pretty neckline under a bodice or surcoat.



I hand-set the eyelets. Yes I did.  


This underdress is not for sale. Period. Because I love it. But.... if you want your own, then just shoot me an email and we'll discuss size and choice of fabrics! 

2 comments:

  1. So you didn't follow a pattern then? I would really like to make myself one because it would be great to have and It would produce some good practice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vanya, the pattern that I followed is this one:
    http://www.simplicity.com/p-1532-costumes.aspx
    Hope you find that helpful! I'm not able to create my own patterns. At least, not at this point in time. :)

    ReplyDelete