Saturday, January 21, 2012

I want to make this.



... and that is all. 

Not really. 

  Actually, I just wanted to say that I have a terrible relationship with Victorian Trading Co. I had long coveted this gorgeous Alcott Blouse oh so long ago in their catalogs...  it was $50. That's a lot of money for a 14-year old to spend on a piece of clothing. And then... they discontinued it.

!!!
  I'm going to repeat that, so you get the full effect: they discontinued it. What's a girl supposed to do? Well... years later, I'm going to try and make one for my own! I've racked my usual haunts to try and find this garment (even USED, I so love it), and coming up with nothing, I decided that it's time for me to take the gnome by the pointy hat and make it myself. 
  The fun part? The research. Oyez, ladies. Some people may think that the most terrifying part of recreating something is the research, but it's soooo much fun for me. I'll be sure and share every part of the process with everyone!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blouse! I have one very similar to it from Coldwater Creek in a cinnamon brown color. I would love to see pictures if you make one like it.

    Happy sewing!

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete