Thursday, January 12, 2012

Elven Prince's Tunic

  I have been re-reading The Fellowship of the Ring again (for the third time), and was inspired to share some of my elvish costumes with you! So, for the next few days, I'm going to be featuring some elvish and fantasy costumes!

  The first up is one of the only costumes I've done so far for men; it's an elven prince's tunic. This particular tunic was made for a film that I costumed for (and acted in!) a while back. Here it is!


Ta-da! Isn't it neato?

 

This elven prince was knocked about a little, hence the blood. 


 I made the cloak and gauntlets as well...


 ...here's the back view of the cloak.


And you will be the Fellowship of the Ring. 

...sorry, just had to say that. He looks like he's standing with the rest of the Fellowship... 
This tunic is not for sale. However, should you wish one in your size and choice of fabrics, please feel free to contact me!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! The guy's expression in the third photo reminds me of Willie/Nate in the "Love Comes Softly" series. I think his name is Logan Bartholomew? Anyway, it could be due to the fact that I've been watching part of those movies lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Your costume designs are amazing!! Makes me feel inspired to move out of Regency attire and take on the challenge of costuming. Maybe.
    --Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and that about sums up my thoughts on that costume.
    Yes, he would go nicely with the fellowship. :)

    I wanted to also say thank you so much for adding my website to your sidebar links, very very kind of you. Totally made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your beautiful comments! They MADE my day, seriously! Well... I'll be sure and post another elven-inspired costume shortly! :D

    And Brielle, most welcome! I pour over your costumes so much that I figured everyone else would too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you be willing to make a men's size small in grey or brown?

    Since this thread has not been commented on in a while, I'll check back for your answer. This request is for my 11 yr old son. His costume next year will be as an elven archer and this would go great!

    Thanks,
    Andy (dad)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy! Thank you for your inquiry. I'd be happy to make your tunic! If you could please email me at willowsworks@gmail.com , we can iron out the details. :)

      God bless and looking forward to talking with you,
      ~Marlene

      Delete