Saturday, January 7, 2012

1890's Croquet Ensemble

  Do you ever get that urge to go and sew something? I get that all the time, so not to worry if you think you're the only one! Anyway, this is the result of one my eccentric whims:


 The jacket is from the squee-worthy Butterick 5232. All Anne fans, rejoice.


The skirt is from another Butterick pattern, and was so much fun to make and wear.



 This picture is to show the lovely drape of the skirt; the fabric I used was a strange polyester blend or another. In other words, content unknown.


I drafted the 'tie' myself, and made the fashionable Edwardian 'point' belt with the help of my mother. Someday, I'll do a tutorial on it, because I can't for the life of me find a pattern for one! 

This outfit is not for sale, but I can be commissioned to do one in your size and choice of fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment