Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Susan's Green Archery Dress

  Have I mentioned yet that I love to costume? It's one of my favorite parts about sewing. Even more fun than costuming is movie costuming (okay, maybe only slightly more fun, but more fun nonetheless)! I don't even need an occasion to wear it to- I just want to make them. And accuracy, for me, is the best part of the WHOLE thing.

  I've done several movie costumes in the past, and will probably go on making movie costumes in the future (oh goody!), so here's one I think is appropriate for this time of the year: Susan's Green Archery Dress. I made it last year to go to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (dippy movie, by the by) and had loads of fun with it! Now for pictures, I won't go into much detail about the construction. The link above has all the details you need to know about the dress itself!

Coolness, huh?

My friend carved the horn for me out of wood- it actually works!

Hand embroidered, folks. I don't 'go' for the machine stuff.

If it looks like it's cold... it was.

The belt was a Salvation Army find. Go Sally's!

The eyelets were hand-done, just like the real dress.

I love this dress. Sigh.

AND I made a whole underdress to boot! 

  If you have any questions about the construction, just post in the comments below or contact me. I will do my best to answer any and all! This costume is not for sale. However, you can commission me to do a custom gown for you, please contact me if you wish to do so. 


2 comments:

  1. what pattern didja use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!! My name is Julia and loved her dress. I wish I could buy it in your online store, but did not find him. I wonder if you can pass the budget it. The problem is that I live in Brazil and delivery would be very complicated, is not it?
    (Sorry for the confusing English. I only speak Portuguese and am using Google Translate).

    ReplyDelete